Metro Manila News
Skyway builder to close Araneta-Aurora intersection for 7 nights
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the closure of Araneta-Aurora intersection in Manila starting August 15 (Thursday) from 11 pm to 5 am for 7 consecutive nights.
This is to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project.
An average of 17,000 to 18,000 vehicles will be affected by the closure. They are advised to take the following routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
1. From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, take straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
2. Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
3. Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.
4. Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
1. From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
2. Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.
The Skyway Stage 3 which is one of the key projects under the “Build, Build, Build” program will connect Buendia to Balintawak. It is seen to reduce travel time for 15 to 20 minutes from the current 2 hours.
Two ambassadors paid a courtesy call to Manila Mayor Isko Moreno on Wednesday to share best practices in urban development. Moreno met the delegation from the European Union (EU) led by Ambassador Franz Jessen in which they exchanged ideas and ...
A janitor turned over to authorities a bag containing more than P400,000 left behind by a passenger at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Terminal 1 over the weekend. The Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA) said the bag con...
A Malabon City councilor withdrew a proposal to require motorcycle drivers to get police-issued clearance stickers. Councilor Paulo Oreta, who sponsored the measure, said the proposed ‘Clean Riders Code of 2019‘ was withdr...
A transport group has called for the modernization of tricycles plying the inner roads in the country to give commuters convenience while traveling and protecting the environment. Orlando Marquez, president of the Liga ng Transportasyon at Oper...
Taguigeño student leaders surely learned more about the colorful history, traditions and even what makes our beloved probinsyudad unique during the city tour held last August 15, Thursday. Together with Taguig SK Federation Vice President Jom...
One of the operators of public markets in Manila, XRC Mall Developers Inc., settled a P12.9 million portion of its P14.38-million debt, a day after Manila Mayor Isko Moreno gave them 72 hours to settle their unpaid obligations. “I ho...