Metro Manila News
Skyway builder to close Araneta-Aurora intersection for 7 nights
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the closure of Araneta-Aurora intersection in Manila starting August 15 (Thursday) from 11 pm to 5 am for 7 consecutive nights.
This is to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project.
An average of 17,000 to 18,000 vehicles will be affected by the closure. They are advised to take the following routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
1. From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, take straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
2. Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
3. Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.
4. Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
1. From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
2. Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.
The Skyway Stage 3 which is one of the key projects under the “Build, Build, Build” program will connect Buendia to Balintawak. It is seen to reduce travel time for 15 to 20 minutes from the current 2 hours.
Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board Chairman Atty. Martin Delgra III on announced the temporary closure of the LTFRB Central Office from July 13 to 17, 2020. This came after five LTFRB employees tested positive for COVID-19 in RT-PC...
Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte confirmed on Wednesday that she tested positive for coronavirus disease 2019. In a statement posted on Quezon City Government’s Facebook page, Belmonte said she is not experiencing any symptoms. “Nagpapasal...
Six pumping station personnel of the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) contracted the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). According to a “24 Oras” report, MMDA spokesperson Celine Pialago said they will not halt oper...
The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) witnessed the handover of 500,000 surgical masks donated by the Soong Ching Ling Foundation (SCLF) of Beijing, China, through the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) on July 8. The surgical masks, ...
The government's task force on the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) recognized the efforts by the local government of Manila in containing the spread of the disease as it handed over medical equipment to help in its fight against the pandemic. &qu...
A public school in Parañaque City is seeking donations of mobile devices for the use of students after the Department of Education (DepEd) announced the use of blended learning methods this school year. The campaign for the donations, with th...