Metro Manila News
Skyway builder to close Araneta-Aurora intersection for 7 nights
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the closure of Araneta-Aurora intersection in Manila starting August 15 (Thursday) from 11 pm to 5 am for 7 consecutive nights.
This is to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project.
An average of 17,000 to 18,000 vehicles will be affected by the closure. They are advised to take the following routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
1. From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, take straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
2. Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
3. Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.
4. Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
1. From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
2. Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.
The Skyway Stage 3 which is one of the key projects under the “Build, Build, Build” program will connect Buendia to Balintawak. It is seen to reduce travel time for 15 to 20 minutes from the current 2 hours.
Two Quezon City councilors asked the public to avoid throwing garbage in cemeteries while observing All Saint’s Day and All Soul’s Day. Councilors Allan Francisco and Victor Ferrer Jr. also asked administrators of mem...
Mayor Toby Tiangco, together with Congressman John Rey Tiangco and other city officials, led the blessing of two additional dump trucks and various newly-renovated offices in the Navotas City Hall, Monday. Mayor Tiangco noted the need for additional...
Mayor Mel Aguilar and some members of Task Force Kaayusan visited Barangay Talon Dos and Barangay Talon Kuatro in Octoner 21. The barangay visit is part of the monitoring process being conducted by the city government to ensure the maintenance of cl...
Mayor Jaime Fresnedi catches a fish during the launching of Floating Kubo and 10 th JRF Fishing Competition on October 19 at Bayanan Baywalk, Muntinlupa City. The activities aim to promote the area as an eco-tourism hub and strengthen the fishing co...
Newly appointed National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) regional director Gen. Debold Sinas and Manila Police District (MPD) chief P/Brig Gen. Bernabe Balba paid courtesy call on Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” D...
With a prime location that’s a few minutes away from the bustling Makati CBD and known for its vibrant art, music, and food scene, North Makati or NOMA has turned into a land of promise for every young professional, artist, and entrepreneur. N...