Articles worth reading

POEA enforces 'no appointment, no entry' policy

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time5 days ago

The Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) advised overseas Filipinos workers (OFWs) who were hired through government-to-government schemes that they do not need to visit the agency to follow up on their applications once its normal op...

PACC Commissioner Greco Belgica / PCOO

Nearly 4,000 complaints received amid lockdown

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time5 days ago

The Presidential Anti-Corruption Commission (PACC) has so far received a total of 3,992 complaints since it launched a hotline for public concerns related to the implementation of quarantine protocols aimed at combatting the coronavirus disease 2019 ...

President Rodrigo Duterte / PCOO

Transparency assured despite pandemic 

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time5 days ago

Transparency remains a priority of the Duterte administration as the country is braving trying times brought by the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) pandemic, according to the Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO). With P275 billio...

Pasay News

Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) Secretary Martin Andanar

Govt agencies asked to help Star City fire victims

account_balancePasay chat_bubble_outline0 Comments

Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) Secretary Martin Andanar had called on government agencies to help the employees of Star City and the Manila Broadcasting Company (MBC) after their compound in Pasay City was hit by a fire early Wednesday.

"We at the PCOO are equally saddened by how this will affect the employees of the MBC and the theme park. We trust that the authorities will work hard to determine the cause of the fire and call on concerned government agencies to extend any form of assistance to those affected by the fire," Andanar said in a statement.

"It is a sad day for broadcasting as the recent fire in Star City has badly damaged the office of the Manila Broadcasting Company and has affected the operations of DZRH, the oldest radio station in the country," he said.

"We look forward to DZRH going back on-air as soon as possible and to the recovery of everyone affected," he added.

Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo also expressed grief over the incident which he described as “unfortunate news.”

He said the damage would take a toll not just on families, especially kids, who visit the amusement park during Christmas but also media personnel whose building was also gutted by the blaze.

“As we near Christmas, this is truly sad news knowing that Star City is a place where Filipino families visit to celebrate the Yuletide season,” Panelo said.

“To our friends in the media who are affected, we wish to let them know that we are one with them in this tragic incident,” he added.

The MBC radio and TV broadcast building is also where AM station DZRH and FM stations -- Love Radio, Yes The Best and Easy Rock -- are housed.

Reports showed that the fire started 12:22 a.m. and damaged 80 percent of the park’s main building. The fire was put out at 4:30 a.m.

There were no casualties.

Star City spokesperson Rudolph Jularbal said that the park might reopen in October 2020.

In a statement, MBC said its FM stations will continue regular broadcasting operations while DZRH is expected to go back on-air within 48 hours or less.

date_rangeDate Published
7 months ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

Meralco waives P47 app fee 

account_balanceMetro Manila chrome_reader_mode1 week ago

Manila Electric Company (Meralco) said it is waiving the P47 convenience fee charged to customers paying electricity bill via its app amid the COVID-19 pandemic. “Waived na ‘yan (convenience fee), during this ECQ (enhanced community...

Photo Courtesy of REUTERS/Eloisa Lopez

Pasay extends extreme quarantine in Barangay 183

account_balancePasay chrome_reader_mode3 days ago

Pasay City has extended the extreme community quarantine (EXCQ) in Barangay 183 which recorded the most Covid-19 positive cases. The City Health Office reported seven confirmed cases in the territorial jurisdiction of Barangay 183. During the effec...

Let's Stay Connected Like us on our Facebook page.
×
Click on the article to continue reading
Las Pinas seniors to receive pension NCR mayors want transition to GCQ Modified number coding to begin June 1 Job postings decline 30% 75,000 hotel workers may lose jobs UP experts want NCR to remain under MECQ Send Press Release MNC Facebook Page MNC Twitter Page MNC Instagram Page LGU Spotlight Barangay Front Business Sports Entertainment Metro Gen Metro Feature