Pasay checks cause of Covid surge
Pasay said it’s too early to say that the increase in coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases in the city is related to the more infectious COVID-19 strain that originated from the United Kingdom (UK), according to a report by Manila Bulletin.
In a post on Wednesday night, the Public Information Office said the city has conducted contact tracing and has sent samples collected from mass RT-PCR testing for genome sequencing.
Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire had earlier said that they saw no link between the increase of COVID-19 cases in Pasay City and the 46-year-old female from the city who was detected with the UK variant.
The lack of contact tracers was raised by Mayor Emi Calixto-Rubiano in a meeting with the Department of Health (DOH) on Wednesday. She said that at a ratio of one contact tracer per 1,330 people, the number may not be enough to cover the city in an expeditious and orderly manner.
There are 97 households in 56 barangays that have been placed under localized community quarantine.
On Feb. 23, Pasay City announced that the number of barangays affected by the continued spike of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases has risen to 55 from 33. Strict quarantine measures were put in place in barangays where three or more cases were recorded.
The latest barangays affected are: 28, 29, 32, 37, 40, 57,58, 66, 68, 71, 76, 81, 95, 98, 100, 107, 109, 118, 122, 132, 135, 136, 143, 155, 156, 159, 162, 175, 177, 178, 183, 190, 192, 201, 171, 7, 8, 14, 20, 26, 36, 51, 59, 65, 74, 90, 96, 99, 110, 111, 116, 131, 161, 188, 193, and 194.
As of 6:20 p.m. on Wednesday, Pasay City has logged a total of 441 active cases, 42 of which are new.
Some 3,500 test voters from two barangays in San Juan City will participate in the voting simulation activity of the Commission on Elections (Comelec) on Saturday, according to a report by Philippine News Agency. Comelec spokesperson James Jimenez s...
The Pasay City government inoculated a total of 84 children with comorbidities at the start of the city’s “Vacc to the Future” vaccination program for minors aged 12 to 17 on Oct. 22, according to a report by Manila Bulletin. Mayor...
The Pasay City government is not accepting walk-ins in its “Vacc to the Future” vaccination program for children ages 12 to 17, according to a report by Manila Bulletin. Mayor Emi Calixto-Rubiano advised residents that there are two type...