Pasay mayor welcomes implementation of alert level system
Mayor Emi Calixto–Rubiano said on Wednesday that Pasay City is ready to implement the new alert system as recommended by the Inter Agency Task Force (IATF) for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases for Metro Manila starting Thursday, September 16, to hasten the downslide of COVID-19 cases in the country, according to a report by Manila Bulletin.
“Suportado po namin ang anumang hakbangin ng pamahalaan para makatulong na bumaba ang mga kaso ng COVID-19 o di kaya ay tuluyan na itong mapuksa hindi lamang sa Metro Manila kundi maging sa buong bansa (We support the plan of the national government to help to decrease COVID-19 cases in Metro Manila as well as in the whole country),” Rubiano said.
She said the city government can readily adjust if the city and the entire National Capital Region (NCR) are placed under Alert Level 4 since it already had previous experience in implementing the system.
Rubiano said the city government had been implementing granular lockdowns in houses or a compound with high number of COVID-19 cases way back in March, 2021 that helped in bringing down the number of active cases to 40.
She added that as part of their preparations, they already produced information graphics to be posted on the city’s official online pages and will also utilize public address system of every barangay for their information dissemination campaign.
The mayor said the city government deployed more policemen, as well as staff from the Public Order and Safety Unit (POSU), traffic, Pasay City Environment and Natural Resourced Office (PCENRO), and even barangay officials were deputized to check or even apprehend violators if necessary.
“Ang aming enforcement and inspection team po ay umiikot para mag-inspection sa mga establishment na maaring lumalabag sa mga patakaran na itinakda kaugnay ng Alert Level 4 (Our enforcement and inspection team was deployed to establishments to check that policies are being followed under Alert Level 4),” Rubiano added.
Rubiano said the city government had already prepared food packs and other necessities to ensure that their residents who will be placed under granular lockdowns won’t have any excuse anymore to go out of their households.
Some 3,500 test voters from two barangays in San Juan City will participate in the voting simulation activity of the Commission on Elections (Comelec) on Saturday, according to a report by Philippine News Agency. Comelec spokesperson James Jimenez s...
The Pasay City government inoculated a total of 84 children with comorbidities at the start of the city’s “Vacc to the Future” vaccination program for minors aged 12 to 17 on Oct. 22, according to a report by Manila Bulletin. Mayor...
The Pasay City government is not accepting walk-ins in its “Vacc to the Future” vaccination program for children ages 12 to 17, according to a report by Manila Bulletin. Mayor Emi Calixto-Rubiano advised residents that there are two type...